29 September 2009

Horror poll: Wal-Mart voted "most iconic representation of U.S.A."

Beware of specious polls.

Is it just me, or are polls getting more and more worthless? What information does the ordinary reader take with him? That Wal-Mart is now "our top institution," or that a few lost souls perceive that? I'm no elitist; I harbor no ill-will to people that like to shop there. I also realize I am quite unable to effect any improvement in our trade imbalances, yet hopeful that globalism is feeling the lick of growing rejection.
Let's get to some reader analysis on Wal-Mart. (Credit: Fark.com).


I hate Wal-Mart. Not because I feel I'm some elitist, but because crowds, rude people, and fluorescent lights make me stabby. My husband suggested we go there this past Sunday because the thing we needed they didn't have at Target. I can shop at Target for some reason; I have no idea why. Anyway, it was terrible. I waited in the car because just getting through the parking lot and watching the unwashed masses pile in the store gave me an anxiety attack.


"America: where ruthless corporate sociopaths engage desperate, uneducated drones to sell cheap junk to fat morons, fulfilling a satanic pact with a distant communist dictatorship."

"It's a shame that's too long to effectively fit on a coin."


Is this guy trying to be ironic with his UPC tattoo? Please tell me, "Yes," because my feelings of throwing in the towel are insufferable.


"And when you snidey farkers shop at wal-Mart you do it in an ironic, sneering, post-modern way, don't you?"
"I do everything in an ironic, sneering, post-modern way."


"In skinny jeans?"

I've typed this before..
Every other country in the world has a rich, beautiful/colorful culture.
America has TV, and Wal-Mart.



Hehe, I emailed the hubby the link to the People of Wal-mart last week. When I got home from work, I was told "I'm going to get you for sending me that link." According to my hubby it was "like looking at a train wreck, you know it's going to be horrible, but you just can't stop watching." www.peopleofwalmart.com

Yes, Wal-Mart gets its own tag in my journal.

No comments: