22 July 2011

Not sure how exactly I went from Space Shuttle to Delta Force

I almost, almost applied to the shuttle program on a dare once. At least it'd have been a good story for kids someday. Anyway, I grew up in the heart of the era, watching Space Camp and all that other '80s goodness, proud of our nation. However, watching the Atlantis landing yesterday, I am a bit PISSED that the mission control guy kept trying to one-up the pilot, a.k.a. mission commander with final remarks! If I could find the script, I'd love to show you exactly. Instead, I'll simulate.

"Welcome home, Atantis."
"Thanks, Mission Control. The shuttle has taken the hope and inspiration of mankind to the stars and back."

"Atlantis, the staff here was watching you all the way like a loving parent cradling her child as the guiding light of the stars nestled you in her soft bosom."

"I constitute a part of Cagey's unique
experience with the shuttle program."


"Mission control, this is Atlantis. After thirty years of the shuttle program, we're just glad you helped us home safely one more time. That's a wrap."


"Atlantis, this is Mission Control, thanks for your remarks. On behalf of a grateful nation, we are also glad you are home, glad as the father to the Prodigal Son, we welcome you with open arms, forever shall we cherish you and forever shall we remain guardians of the tranquil majesty of the night, the sea of dreams, the hearkening nocturne of which the celestial magnificence chants, we are but a lonely mission control who dared to dream that we could perform this mission, and here on the ground we had an absolute professional team that was utterly satisifed in driving the adventure."

"Mission Control: Atlantis. Yeah, thanks or something."







So to try to replace my remembrances of Mission Control's speech with something else patriotic, I started thinking about Delta Force instead.


Delta Force, Chuck Norris

Anytime I hear this theme by Alan Silvestri I go wild. I get patriotic and I want to ride a motorcycle with missles on it and shoot at 711 stores and muslim churches called mosques while eating a bacon cheeseburger! Come join my Delta Force. Kill them all let Allah sort them out! Allah loves bacon. I'm the Baconator! ~'Bigdanny77'

No comments: