05 March 2012

On the scourge of misleading subject lines

A Great Sense of Urgency, or a modern day Boy Who Cried Wolf

"HELP HELP!" I came running when I heard the woman yelling in distress. I thought, maybe this is my chance to help somebody that really needs it. "No time to waste," I thought - "Quit thinking! Get in there and help that woman!"

"HELP! My fiance and I are thinking about purchasing a home in Riverwalk...Does anyone have any tips/advice on this area???

What are the pros/cons of living there? Thanks for your help!"
When I arrived, there was nobody there, so I slowly ducked back out, and ...the onlookers had left.

There was nobody, nobody, save a visibly shaken subject line curled up into a ball on the asphalt, and a search-this-forum button,
...

...with a single tear running down its cheek.

THE END

No comments: